Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bella's First "Talk" With God

Bella has been obsessed with Mulan lately. And even more obsessed with Shang, the "prince" of the story. For at least two months now, she's been calling Shang her husband. She gets "sad" during the day because she "misses Shang", and she talks about how he's going to visit her. Yesterday in the car, I overheard this conversation she was having with God.
 
She even answered herself with "God's voice" and it was actually lower! How do kids come up with this stuff?!
 
Bella (as Bella): God, can I please marry Shang?
Bella (as "God"): No you can't.
Bella: Please? I really want to marry him! Please, please, please????
"God": Okay, you can marry your husband, Shang.
Bella: Thank you, God! Thank you! Mom! God said I could marry my husband, Shang!
 
Seriously, that was her talk. This is the first time I can even remember her praying out loud when it was more than just the little rhyme she learned in preschool. Why am I even surprised that this is what she prayed for?
 


No comments: