Monday, July 1, 2013

God's Timing With Baby...And Us.

On Wednesday, we will officially be 12 weeks pregnant. I feel like I should be typing that with an exclamation point, but it's really hard not to hesitant this time.
 
We've been to the doctor and heard a heartbeat, which was amazing, but it's still difficult to shake the scared feeling that something will go wrong. (Is this too depressing for a "baby" post?)
 
Okay, so the negative stuff first...I'm nervous all the time. I know I shouldn't be. I know that, as a Christian, I'm not supposed to live in a spirit of fear, but I do. I question everything...am I gaining enough weight? Is the baby developing normally? Why aren't I throwing up more? (Weird, right?)
 
I've got another sonogram in a few weeks to check on the baby's heart chambers, and I think my biggest fear is that the baby isn't developing properly. I have nothing to base that on other than the fact that I feel like I should have a bigger belly. (Yep, I know, I'm going crazy.)
 
Deep breath...now to the non-crazy...
 
We are excited. (I promise!) We've started telling people, which has helped make it more real, but it definitely hasn't completely set in yet. The first baby was a surprise and this second one was exactly the same way. I'm not sure how we suddenly became so fertile, but we got pregnant only about one month after our miscarriage, so we're still in a little bit of sticker shock!
 
Baby #3 is due on January 15, 2014! We know the next six months are going to be a whirlwind with Steve traveling in the summer and then the holidays! And then...baby! Whew!
 
Steve has been wonderful as a listener and helping me remember the important things, but I know he's feeling hesitant, too, almost like we're not sure if it's okay to be let ourselves go and be excited.
 
I'm looking forward to having one more healthy sonogram under our belts to feel like everything is progressing normally. Pray for the baby's heart chambers to be developing properly and for his/her growth to be on track. And please pray for our peace of mind. We want to be excited for this baby and we don't want to walk through these next few months in fear.
 
 
Little Human #3's first public photo!

2 comments:

Norma Wires said...

We're praying for you and Steve, and the new little one. Love, Mom and Dad

Ashleigh said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! It is so hard to get excited when you feel like you'll be let down at any moment. I finally got over myself and had the realization that I couldn't do ANYTHING to help or hurt things (short of not shooting up and keeping the drinking binges in check) so I might as well just be excited and let God handle the rest. Praying for y'all and I'll be contacting you to have you all over for dinner when we're in town. Not even kidding;).