Monday, July 29, 2013

Bella's First Haircut!!!

WARNING: Little four-year old butts ahead...
 
For the record, I had such wonderful images in my head of taking Bella to a cute little kids' salon where she would sit in a chair shaped like a ladybug and watch Tangled while I snapped pictures of her first epic haircut. The stylist would comment on how beautiful her hair was, while I just smiled, because, let's face it - all parents are freakishly certain when it comes to the cuteness level of their own children.
 
In reality, Steve totally suckered me and took advantage of my lack of patience and said, "Why don't you just cut it now?"
 
Which I did...feeling half-maniacal, half-terrified, while images of my own mother cutting my bangs in uneven lines flashed through my head. ("It was Homecoming, Mom!")
 
 
It's gotten crazy-long! If you brushed it out with no curl, it was mid-thigh!
 
 
Take a deep breath...
 
 
A really, really, REALLY deep breath!
 
 
Okay, at this point, I was thinking, "Huh! This is actually working!" 



Realizing that I had unintentionally cut the left side on an angle, I had to make an attempt to cut the right side at an angle, too. I am definitely not qualified for that. 


 Luckily, she's only four, so she won't be too scarred at mama's attempt to chop her hair on my own.
 
If our little family is anything like my family growing up, Bella will end up going to her Daddy anytime she needs a trim. (True story.)

No comments: