Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Evelyn's Words

With everything going on with the girls' birthdays and now being down in Florida, I've forgotten to post some updates on Evelyn's milestones that I want to remember...

She's saying words! Not many, but it's really cute! 
(I tend to be freakishly biased about the cuteness of my own children.)

Evelyn can say "mama" and "daddy", but my most favorite word is "hi". Whenever I would go into her room to get her after naps or first thing in the morning, I would smile and say, "Hii-iiiii".

Now she says it in this adorable little cooing sort of a way; she sounds like a little bird. We love it!

And speaking of being biased about the cuteness level of your own children, Evelyn is rocking a serious mullet and a fantastic uni-brow right now. Steve and I are discussing how badly it would scar her little psyche if we waxed it. We're pretty confident that we could do it quickly and practically pain-free, but my mother was slightly horrified at our talk, so...

I keep trying to make a ponytail out of her mullet, but I think it makes her look like Paul Revere, and I always want to yell out, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" 

(If you had been raised in my family, you'd be laughing hysterically right now.)

Still no standing by herself or taking steps...

Evelyn's about a week shy of being 13 months old, and Bella didn't walk until she was 14 months, so we'll see. I was expecting Evelyn to walk a little earlier just so she could keep up with Bella, but I guess she figured she has a pretty sweet deal going with us carrying her everywhere.

That's all for now!

No comments: