Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bella's Spring Musical

Today was Bella's preschool Spring Musical and it was a success! Finally!

After years (okay, at least one!) of watching Bella cry on stage, refuse to sing, and being called over the microphone to come and get her, I was not going to walk into preschool this morning without making sure I prepped her a little.

While we got dressed this morning, I reminded her that her class would be singing today. I told her she would be able to see me, but she would have to obey and stay with her classmates. When she said, "Mom, I don't want to sing.", I said that was fine, she didn't have to sing, but she did have to stand with her class and be sweet.

And she did it! She was wonderful! She walked into the auditorium and was so happy to see me! She kept saying "Mommy!" and waving and blowing kisses! She also kept yelling in a whisper to get Trey and Whitney's attention; it was fantastic!


Wasting time at Target by trying big hats on Evelyn. 


So happy and sweet when she walked on stage!


This is how she spent the whole first song...staring out blankly. How great are the faces of all the kids in this picture?


Aaaannddd...how Bella spent the second song - picking her nose and eating it. Yep. She actually dropped her little maraca so she could do this instead. And you know what? I didn't even care. I was just so happy that she wasn't crying!


Yay! Ms. Cheryl whispered something to her and in the middle of the last song, she started doing the motions! Woo hoo! I told Bella over and over how great she was and how proud I was of her! She was excited that Daddy would get to see her on video.

2 comments:

Norma Wires said...

Yea Bella! We knew you could do it! We are so proud of you. Wish we could have been there in person, but we loved the video! Grandma and Grandpa

Julie Clark said...

Yay for Bella!:)

I do love the picture of all the kids...hilarious expressions!