Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh, The Memories!

Bella's first preschool Christmas musical was Thursday morning! I was so excited, but I was also very nervous! Let's be honest...our child doesn't have the greatest track record for performing well in these situations. My biggest fear was that she would see me in the audience and scream like crazy when she wasn't allowed to actually come see me.

Whelp...that's pretty much exactly what happened. Her cute little class walked in and she was so excited to see me, but then her teachers made her stay in line and she wasn't very happy. [Note to self: Next year, don't sit in the front row; even if you want good pictures.]

Miss Betty, her wonderful teacher, got her calmed down and she was able to sit with her class during their songs. She sucked her thumb the entire time, like she was coping and trying to go to her "happy place." Right before the third song, she spotted me again and I got a really cute moment on the camera of her saying hi to me. But then she lost her mind again, and what you don't see on camera is the music teacher asking over the microphone if Bella's mother was present and could she please come get her from the stage.

Those are some memories to cherish right there! I was so proud that she made it through the first two songs, even if she didn't sing at all, and I'm only minorly offended that my child was requested to leave the stage. (Kidding! I'm not really offended! I don't think...)

Her pose during the first two songs.

Losing it when she wasn't allowed to come to me

We played with the camera while the 3's and 4's finished with their song. I've been trying to load my video, so hopefully that will load.

No comments: