Friday, December 16, 2011

Meeting Our Baby Girl

On Wednesday morning, Steve and I found out that we're having a baby girl! Since this blog is equal parts sharing and therapy for me, I have to be totally honest...I cried. I'm going to blame hormones on the fact that I wasn't able to greet the doctor because my face was in my hands. I'm chuckling as I write this, imagining what the doctor (and Steve!) must have been thinking.

Despite my hormonal breakdown in the doctor's office, I can honestly say that my disappointment over not having a little boy does not take away from my excitement over a little girl. I love having sisters, and I love that Bella will get to experience that same closeness with our new little one. Baby girls are so much fun to prepare for and dress up. (Don't plan on us dressing our girls in identical outfits; that's just not how we roll.)

On the ultrasound, we got to see her open and close her mouth and squirm all around. All of her little organs and bones are perfect and healthy! I'm always amazed that people could see a baby forming in the womb and not believe in an incredible God!

We've added a few names to our very short list: we like Josephine and Greyson. Nothing has completely clicked with us yet; at least not both of us at the same time. I'm more of an "instant decision" girl and Steve's a "mull things over" guy, so we're having an interesting time picking something both of us like. Luckily, we have 4 months!


Little Human #2...Baby Girl Wires!

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

OK, you do know that Josephine is Julie's dogs name right?