Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Whole New Ballgame

I am not the kind of girl who loves school photos. I have years worth of coming-of-age, horribly embarrassing evidence to prove why. If I hadn't buried those pictures in the depths of the attic, I would pull them out to show you.

Becoming a mother has definitely changed that perspective. I don't think every picture of my child is stunning, but I loved her school pictures. When I showed up at the preschool office to check out her pictures, I expected to scan the one pose of Bella scowling at the camera and say a very kind, "No thank you." The school secretary suggested I take the envelope to the room next door so that I could spread them out for a closer look. I said okay and moved next door. When I took out all of the pictures, there were three different poses! (Can you sense the "sucker new mom" moment?) And they were all adorable!

I'm tempted to spy on the photographer the next time school pictures are taken, because if Steve and I had been there, no way Bella would have smiled so sweetly. And I DO have proof of that...

This is the face that we get if we try to take her picture.

How cute is she?!? I mean, come on! The little tilted head, the cheesy grin! So perfect! Further proof that we birthed an adorable little human!

I like to think of this one as her "dramatic heroin" pose. Complete with flowers and a pensive stare.

The smiling, wonderful monster that we all love! In person, this picture came out a little blurry around her face, but I love the shot of her giggling!

2 comments:

The Windhams said...

I absolutely LOVE the pic where she is frowning at you. it reminds me of Maddox. He cheeses out in pix with anyone but me. As soon as I pick him up for a picture, he cries. Bella is BEAUTIFUL! I love the school pix!

Holly Herlein said...

I think you mean dramatic heroine...since the other type (without the E) is...something else :) haha

Beautiful photos of Bella -- love the bottom one the best!