Friday, October 1, 2010

Ladies Night Out...and the Crazy Caterpillar

Last night was Ladies Night Out at our church. I was really looking forward to having some time to talk and catch up with the women in my Sunday School class withouth Bella. Steve babysat at home and a lot of men from church signed up to be waiters. It was a lot of fun! An added bonus was having Mary Perdue as our special speaker - the governor's wife! She did a really nice job of sharing her story about being a governor's wife and relying on God's will through all of their decisions and difficulties. She was really a blessing.
.
I forgot to post it earlier, but on Tuesday, I got stung (or bit, or something!) by the craziest bug I've ever seen! I researched it online and it's called a saddleback caterpillar. I was pruning some of my plants and reached down to rip off some dead leaves. I ended up wrapping two of my fingers around this demon animal and it hurt like crazy!!! I was really paranoid for awhile that poison was going to enter my bloodstream and kill me, but after looking it up online, all of the information said that it was incredible pain for a couple of hours. And it was, but I survived.
.

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

OK...you win the prize. That bug is definitely worse than the tomato caterpillar!!