Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Orchard

On Saturday, we met friends that Mel and I have had since elementary school, and went to an apple orchard. I'm realizing that I have extremely idealized expectations for these events, and how I expect them to go. It must be a new mom thing...in my head, Bella is happy and loving the apple orchard and laughing the entire time. Oh, and there are never any crowds. In reality, we enjoyed the time with friends, but the two toddlers missed their naps, traffic doubled our road time, it was really hot, and I think everyone in Georgia was at the same orchard on the same Saturday. Whew! I'm glad we all survived! Here are some "idyllic" pictures from the trip.

The orchard looked beautiful...and smelled awful. There were a ton of rotting apples on the ground and we laughed most of the time about the smell of fermentation.


Bella and Brock, eating apples as they go. Brock is just a month younger than Bella and they enjoyed each other's compnay.


Bella holding on to daddy's hand and her apple.



Tractor time! She loved sitting there and turning the wheel! She was very proud of herself!


Bella sticking her face through the moonshine guy! They had a Moonshine Museum, but we didn't get a chance to go in.

And finally...we milked a cow! Well, Mel and I each got to milk the cow; Bella just poked poor Buttercup, but she still loved it.
.
The orchard was crowded and hot, and Bella was cranky and hot, but we had a great time catching up with friends and I learned the valuable lesson that I should start to have realistic expectations when doing an outing with a toddler. Maybe when she's three...

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Looks fun:) I love the picture of Bella on the tractor!