Thursday, August 26, 2010

Steve's New Toy

I know everyone knows already, but my post has to be about Steve's surprise! We have been saving towards a motorcycle since we got married! Life gets in the way and comes up with more important things, so along the way - house, Bella, school - the "motorcycle fund" has been emptied and started again numerous times.
.
Saving started once again this summer, and we had been talking about the right timing. Our plan was always to make the motorcycle a graduation present, but that will be in December, and there's a good chance it will be too cold for Steve to ride it in the winter no matter how much he loves it!


Lately, I knew Steve was just waiting for me to say "yes". So I decided to surprise him! I found out which one he really liked - if you spend any amount of time around Steve, the conversation will ultimately turn to motorcycles - and I called the dealership myself. I told them what I was planning and the salesman loved the plan!


Wednesday morning, I got a friend of mine to watch the babies during naps, and went down to sign the papers. It was a lot of fun! It was also really calming knowing we weren't about to go into debt for this - Dave Ramsey and our parents were right!


My plan was to surprise him this weekend and have one of our friends drive up to the house riding the bike. I take after my dad, though, and couldn't wait that long. Wednesdays are always rough days for Steve since he doesn't get to see Bella and has a long night of class, so it seemed like a great "pick me up"! I surprised him with the Bill of Sale and he was speechless! Yay!
.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

So I've checked the blog about 4 times today waiting for the story on the bike!! That is great and I'm sure "excited" doesn't describe Steve's feelings! Have fun this weekend riding it!!

Kaylie said...

I kept checking too Julie!!! How cool that you did that for him! Now I'll be the oldest child in the family and say..."Be Careful!!"
Love you guys!