Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wrapping up the Weekend

We had a pretty relaxing weekend, which is always a nice change from the normal pace. On Friday night, Steve, Bella, and I walked around Marietta Square and grabbed dinner at a great BBQ place called Old Ephraim's. We've taken Mom and Dad Wires there, but Steve had never been. Then we just walked around the park for awhile and got ice cream. I'm excited for the stage when Bella can run around and play on the fountain!

Saturday was a relaxing morning of the gym and a little gardening. We rewarded oursleves with pizza and ended up crashing in bed with a movie on the laptop. Movies in bed are one of my favorite ways to hang out. Sunay was church like normal, and then I had a VBS meeting after the service. Steve and Bella ran to grab us all some lunch and then came back for the meeting, too.
.
Last night, we had some friends over and grilled salmon! Yum! Steve is a master on the grill and his food always comes out super-juicy! I tried a new recipe that my friend, Jeramie, told me about - sweet potatoes cut up into cubes and baked. It has a ton of natural flavor and is healthier than fried potatoes. It was delicious! We ended the meal with some vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries. We all played Mexican Train 'til about midnight. It was a great time!

No comments: