Friday, May 7, 2010

Doggy Update

We have finally reached the point where we feel that having two dogs is just too much. Butters and Harley are definitely part of our family, and we love having them as indoor dogs. Since I'm the one home during the day, though, I'm able to see just how little attention they get. I'm very focused on the two babies and usually scolding the dogs for barking during nap time or trying to eat the babies' food off of the high chair.


Yesterday, I decided to post them on Craigslist to see if there was any interest. I immediately got an email from a man living in downtown Atlanta. He was interested in both dogs and we exchanged about 12 emails throughout the day. It all happened very fast, but it seemed as though we would have a new home forthe dogs by the weekend!




This morning, I got an email from him saying he had a death in the family and would need to be out of town for the next two weeks. We're not really sure where this leaves us. It does solidify in my mind that I am ready for a dog-free home. As for the man, I am waiting to hear from him to see if he would want the dogs after he returns home, and I am wondering if his death in the family was just an excuse to bail out (I know that sounds horrible).




We'll keep you guys posted...we love the idea of keeping them together, so we're not exactly sure where to go from here. There's also a little bit (or alot) of sadness that goes along with the idea of no longer having them with us.




1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

So sad, but I don't blame you one bit!! We'll pray they can find a good home together.