Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Nesting Stage

I was always under the impression that the "nesting stage" of pregnancy would involve girly things and decorating the nursery. For me, it has meant throwing things out! I have filled about 15 Hefty bags worth of stuff that I can't wait to get out of my house! Steve swears that the garbage guys are going to boycott our house. I'm rearranging furniture and pictures, and so far, all of this has had nothing to do with the nursery. I can't believe all of the stuff we've accumulated in the 3 years we've been married and the 1 year we've had a house. I can't imagine when a baby enters the picture. Steve has been helping where he can, but for the most part, he sticks to garbage duty and then gets out of the way. He's done an awesome job of pretending to care whether the curtain rods in the bedroom are white or black and nodding "yes" at the appropriate times. I really owe him!

No comments: