Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still waiting...and praying

For those of you who have been praying about my job next year, here is an update...

I had a really good lead last week that my principal actually pursued for me. When I e-mailed the principal and sent her my resume, she e-mailed back and said that the school was in the middle of re-zoning and would lose 15 positions. That means the chance of them having a position open for me is slim to none.

I am finishing my applications for the next county over (Cherokee) and for the Christian school that is affiliated with our church (Eastside). The Christian school would be about a $5,000 salary cut, but it'd be worth it for a year if it got me closer to home. The bottom line is, I'm trying to give God as many options as possible!

Our Sunday School teacher had a great lesson on Sunday. I think she may have prepared it just for me. It was "How to know when God is saying 'No'," and focused on Paul and Silas' missionary journey when God told them not to go into Asia. It was a great reminder that God has a perfect plan for my life. Denise reminded me that when God closes a door, we should rejoice because that is a clear sign that God has something better for me.

I'm still not 100% "OK" with returning to my same school next year, but I'm praying daily for peace. I e-mailed 10 principals at 4 different schools today to pursue positions at their schools, so I'll try to keep everyone updated. Thanks for your support!

No comments: