Thursday, April 17, 2008

Crazy Week!

I'm with Julie in wondering where the week went! Monday night, I had a "ladies neighborhood social" and learned how to play bunco. I still have NO idea what bunco is, but I was surprised to have such a great time with an older set of ladies.

I agreed to coach soccer for the 6th and 7th grade Hispanic boys after school. We started practicing on Tuesdays and Thursdays; and by "coach" I mean that I run around the field with a whistle and call off-sides. It's not too exciting, but I'm having a great time. The boys keep complaining that I'm playing American soccer instead of real "futbol."

Steve had some warts frozen off of his foot on Tuesday, so he has been a little tender. We had another softball game on Tuesday night, but luckily his pain killers kicked on by then. Steve's been practicing and can field the ball pretty well.

Wednesday night was Cubbies, so we ran around with 20 screaming 3 year olds. "Mr. Steve" is a crowd favorite at game time. Tonight was soccer practice again. I finally convinced them that since we were playing in Georgia, we should probably play by American rules. I still think they seriously doubt the knowledge of a girl, but I'm breaking them down.

And finally...Friday night we have our first team meeting for Dubai. Whew! Crazy week! I am so ready for the summer!

2 comments:

grandma F. said...

I enjoy getting the news of the family, keep it up. Have tried before to add comments, but didn't work out. Hopefully this will go through. Let me know if you get it. Grandma F.

Kaylie said...

Hispanic boys? Do they have different teams for different races?!
Stacey