Friday, August 5, 2016

It's My Own, Stupid Fault

So, I was playing with Bella and Evelyn on the couch. We had just finished reading a cowgirl book (of course), and we were having a tickle fight. It quickly escalated into calling each other silly names - "cupcake face" and "smoothie breath" may have been called out. Well, without even thinking of what I was really saying, and please keep in mind, we had just read a book about horses, I looked at Bella and yelled out, "You're a horse's bottom!" 

The sheer mental horror of accidentally calling my child a replacement for a swear word was quickly overcome by the horror of hearing them repeat it. Over and over and over. Except it's not just horrifying; it's also hilarious. I made it worse by laughing hysterically at them, which made them say it even more. 

Oh wait! It got worse. Evelyn didn't understand what I had said, and ended up yelling "whore's bottom" at everyone. So, if you see my kids in church and they call you a 'horse's bottom', or even worse, a 'whore's bottom', please don't judge them...it's all my fault.

No comments: