Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Getting Our Christmas Tree

We wanted to let the girls "pick" a tree this year, but we weren't feeling up for a long drive to a legit tree farm. (I'm pretty sure that's the very definition of first-world problems.) So, we found a middle ground and went to Pike's Nursery, where they have the trees in stands already. That way, the girls could see them up-close, but we didn't have to cut it down ourselves. 


They loved running up and down the aisles of trees! I think they were pretending to be explorers!


Bella actually stood still long enough for me to take her picture.


Standing in front of "their" tree. Evelyn kept saying, "Should we hug? Should we hug?", and Bella's reply was always, "EVE-lyyyyyyynnnnn!"


Family selfies are getting harder now that there's 5 of us. 


I may have been a little excited for our tree!


The little humans were quite as impressed...


I think this is the smallest tree we've ever bought, but it turned out to be so perfect for the space. Last year, the tree was a little big for our living room, so this worked out better! True story, when we first got it home and stood it up, I almost cried (Not the good kind of crying.) Fraser firs take awhile to spread out, and the tree looked so ugly. Thankfully, by the time we'd put on beads and lights, the branches has "lowered" a bunch!


All done and glowing! I love the wooden, red beads! They're a new addition, thanks to my friend, Andi!

No comments: