Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Birthday, Bella Cole

Bells,

You are six years old today! I'm so sorry that I say this every year (and probably will until you're 40), but how did you get so big! You are such an amazing kid, and it has been so much fun to see you become a "big" kid this past year!

You started school this year! I was so nervous for you, but you have rocked it! You're still a little crazy in class sometimes, and I know your teacher really hopes the "I'm impersonating a horse/unicorn/pony" stage will pass soon, but watching you learn new things and grasp hard ideas has been the highlight of this school year for me. Your ability to read has exploded - and it's awakened a love of learning inside your little head. You love to read and sound out new words. You even like to read over my shoulder when I'm texting someone. I was curious about how you'd do with Math, because Mommy's terrible at it and Daddy's awesome...you've worked really hard to understand addition and subtraction this year! Money is still really hard for you, but I think you've got some time still to master that.

Baby Girl, you are our "black and white" child, all the way. You see the world a very specific way, and it's at times hilarious, endearing, and exasperating to see the way your brain works. You won't be pushed into anything. Even your knowledge of Jesus has been all on your own timing. Last week, you asked me a question about how to get into Heaven, and in the middle of my answer, you blurted out how you thought Jesus' crown would be purple  in Heaven. It reminds me to let you discover Jesus and accept Him in your own time. But I have no doubt that, once you decide to ask Him into your heart, you'll never turn back.

Your Daddy and I love you so much! You are loud, passionate, and could run all day. You love in a big way, feel hurt in a big way, and are deeply loyal! I'm so proud to have you as mine! 

Happy Birthday, kid!

Love,
Mommy


No comments: