Friday, November 1, 2013

Costumes And Dress-Up

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!
 
Since we didn't dress up as kids, I'm soaking up every chance we get to dress up with the girls and have a fun time together!
 
Confession: I totally used to be the girl who was "too cool for school" when it came to costume parties. I don't know why, but I was.
 
I have since discovered a love of dress-up deep inside my soul and there's no going back!
 

The girls and I dressed up and ready to go!


We just can't luck out lately with the girls smiling normally. Hoping for better luck when we do family pictures in November!

 
A side view of Bella's hair. Whitney totally made my day (and Bella's year!), and let us borrow a unicorn costume that they already had! I couldn't believe it! It made my life as a parent so much easier to work on Bella's top half and have the unicorn part guaranteed!
 
Bella wanted her hair to have purple coloring in it, but that "spray paint" always makes hair really crunchy, so instead of leaving her hair down like a horse's mane, I put it into topknots like a show horse. She was thrilled!


I was going to dress Evelyn like a cowgirl, but decided to go with Boo from Monsters Inc. instead. I found a pink shirt at Wal-Mart for $2.00; add some pigtails, and she was done! Easy and cute!

 
I knew I couldn't go trick-or-treating in our skeleton costumes (it was way too involved and last year, Steve and I made a little girl cry), so I came up with Rosie the Riveter instead. I didn't have to buy a thing and it was a blast! Any costume that gives me an excuse to wear bright, red lipstick is awesome!
 

Trick-or-treating with the Sapp kids...see what I mean about Evelyn and posing?


 
It was so cute to watch Evelyn walk up to the door with her basket held out and ask for candy!
 
 
All the kids, getting their goodies!
 
 
"Boo" reaching for some candy.


 Proving Daddy was along for the ride!


Our church was having a pumpkin fest, so we stopped by real quick to say hi. Cathy painted a purple dog on Bella's hand since her face was already covered with tattoos.


Cotton candy did a pretty good job of getting Bella revved up to play!


 Whit and I decided to take pictures of ourselves while the kids were playing games. 

 
As soon as Bella walked in the door, she threw herself on the ground and said, "Whew! I'm tired!" I figured that was a good sign for how much fun she had.
 

We had such a great time with the girls! I'm already thinking about what we can do next year!
 



No comments: