Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bella's Brain and Evelyn's Words

I haven't been very motivated to update the blog lately. I've been struggling with a cold for almost three weeks now and Steve just signed us up for Netflix video streaming, so we've been enjoying hibernation mode. With the weather turning colder, we're doing lots of snuggling and watching old seasons of TV shows.
 
With so many holiday events coming up, though, I need to get back on the blogging horse!
 
I'm starting with a couple of stories about the girls that have been in my head...
 
I love the way Bella's brain works! I love her thought process and how she asks questions and tries to figure things out in her head. The little human asks questions all day long! We do our best to answer with the real answer instead of just the "kid" answer, so that we won't contradict ourselves or have to go back and change her thought process later. (Except for the Disney princesses...in our world, those are 100% real. Santa can be fake; but don't mess with Sleeping Beauty and Belle.)
 
When we were driving to Wal-Mart - most of our epic conversation happen in the car; driving must inspire her creative thinking - she suddenly told me, "Mama, I don't want you to cut my hair again. I want it long. Just like Mulan's."
 
Like Mulan, people. Not Rapunzel. Not Sleeping Beauty. She's associating long hair with the only Disney princess who cut her hair to look like a boy. She kills me! I love that Mulan cuts her hair to look like a man so she can enter the Chinese army, and she's the one who Bella aspires to be with long hair. It just makes me chuckle.
 
She also informed me recently that when she marries Shang (the hero in Mulan), she doesn't want to leave me. We're going to have to work on that when she's a little older. Right now, she's planning on marrying Shang and still living at home. Fingers crossed she'll change her mind when the time comes.
 
Our youngest little is starting to say more words. Or at least be able to repeat them. She can say "da-da" and "ca-ka" (cracker). She's been saying "jsshh" (juice) for awhile now, and "peez" (please). Steve and I are loving this stage! Her facial expressions are growing, too. It's a lot of fun!

No comments: