Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not As Strong As I Thought

We have been working with Bella to learn the word "no" and actually respond to it. Up until this point, everytime she's told no, she bows her little head and starts sobbing like you just killed her dog! I've always viewed myself as a pretty tough disciplinarian, but it's extremely hard for me not to run over and scoop her up when she cries like this.
.
I know she will clam down eventually, but her cry is so pitiful and heart-breaking, it has taken some time for me to stand strong. I'm pretty sure she has figured out that her crying weakens me, because she doesn't seem to do it as often with Steve.
.
This afternoon was out FIRST time that I told her no, and she looked at me and then stopped doing what she was doing with NO CRYING! It was great! We'll keep working on it!

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

You can do it Katie! They do learn to manipulate at an early age! Give her a hug and kiss for us!