Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gardening and Bella's Room

We spent some time on Sunday gardening. I usually kill everything that I plant, but there is still somthing wonderful and relaxing about playing in the dirt. We planted a jasmine next to the wooden swing in our backyard and will hopefully train it to curl around the swing's frame as it grows. We also planted some colorful bushes around the bed that we share with our neighbor. Here is a picture of the flowers in the bed...




They are still pretty small, but I'm hoping they'll grow to become really good ground cover. Our crowning achievement was this forsythia. It will eventually bloom with yellow flowers and look very "flowy". My mom always jokes that she wanted to name one of us "Forsythia" so she's very proud of us for planting one!




While we were busy gardening, our friends, Ben and Carolyn, were upstairs in Bella's room, painting her mural. They completed most of the tree and finished up a lot of the flowers. Ben is super creative, so I've let him pretty much do whatever he felt. He is doing bright, bold colors, like Dr. Suess. I think it's going to turn out awesome!
.
.





No comments: