Monday, April 19, 2010

Bella's Birthday Party

Bella's birthday party was on Saturday and it went off pretty well! I think everyone had a lot of fun...not Bella, but everyone else. Bella was fine as long as I was holding her and she was away from all of the people. When we all sang "Happy Birthday" she completely lost it. I guess it was one of those quintessential "baby moments".
.
.
This is our dining room decorated for the party.
.
.
The party was an "owl" theme, so I made an owl cake from a recipe I found online. It didn't turn out exactly like the picture, but I was still proud.
.
.
We finally convinced Bella to play with the cake...until her foot got messy...then she started crying.
.

.

This is a spring horse that Grandma and Grandpa Meyer got for Bella. She wasn't too sure of it at first, but she seems to like it now.

.

Grandma and Grandpa Wires got Bella a beautiful wooden rocking chair and also sent her a goodie box with clothes and a "first birthday" figurine. Here is a birthday cake toy that you can actually blow out the candles on!

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

I'm impressed with the owl cake Katie! Good Job!