Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January Wrap-Up...

It has been way too long since I've posted on this blog! I was reading Whitney's blog the other day, and it reminded me that it was time to update mine, too. The funny thing is, I haven't really missed it. Sometimes I go in seasons with this blog, and lately, I've just been enjoying being at home and not documenting everything. Before I start back up again (and also go back and update some of the past posts), here are some things that happened in January...


Evelyn got sick and passed out in my arms.


Henry was all naked and cute.


The girls and I recorded "Happy Birthday" for my dad! (Henry did the harmony.) Ooo! And I'm wearing sneakers for the first time in like, two years, because Steve and I have started exercising at our church! It's definitely a baby step, but it's a step!
 

Little Man started smiling like crazy!


Evelyn proved that I've stopped caring about my children's appearance. I told her preschool teachers that having a third baby killed any sense of pride due to exhaustion. 
 

Evelyn was very serious during her much-needed haircut! Clearly, drama doesn't run in our family at all!
 

The girls and I got dressed up to go to a tea party, hosted by our church.
 

It was a Mad Hatter theme, and they loved it! Weird little smiles, but they had a great time!


Bella was all grown-up with her fancy tea cup (which was her Great-Grandma Wires'!) and hot chocolate.


Did I mention Henry and his killer smiles? Even Steve hasn't stopped swooning! 
 

Bella felt like The Man when she figured out she could hold Henry like Mommy does.
 

I took a picture of Henry's little toes for no other reason than we're still in that embarrassing baby stage where we think Every. Single. Thing. our baby does is the most precious thing in the world.


We got a small TV to hang over the mantle. I'm still waiting for my cord covers to come in the mail, so I can make it pretty, but it's big enough to see from the kitchen, and small enough to not take over the mantle. And is it just me, or are TV's really inexpensive now?!?


Oh! And my dad (who is totally amazing!) sang "Bring Him Home" as Jean Valjean from Les Mis! He sang with a live orchestra at a performing arts center in Florida. He's so studly and talented!

Just a glimpse of real life lately. I don't know if it's the cold weather or having a new baby, but Steve and I have loved being home this month. We still have people over and all that, but most of our nights, we are reveling in our family. (Or yelling at them until they go to sleep; it just depends!)

No comments: