Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Belated Halloween Post

Usually moms are the only ones who notice when their kids look like a hot mess, but this was definitely our "Hot Mess Halloween"! We brought Henry home the morning of the 31st, so Steve and I were not really in the mindset to trick-or-treat. 

The plan was for Bella to be a unicorn (shocking, I know), and Evelyn was going as Princess Anna from Frozen. Weeeellll...technically that still happened, but we threw our own "flair" into the mix!

Bella decided at the last-minute that she didn't want to wear the unicorn horn that I had made for her weeks ahead of time. I was way too brain-dead to think of any sort of outfit for her, so I let her choose, and she went trick-or-treating in a unicorn shirt and flip flops. Yep. She did at least tuck her ribbon tail into the back of her pants as she went whinnying down the driveway. 

Thankfully, Evelyn had an actual Anna dress that I had bought at Target months ago. I had grand plans to braid her hair in two little braids (so cute!), but on the actual evening, I ended up just throwing her hair into two ponytails, so it came out a little more "German barmaid" than Princess Anna. Oh, and she decided she wanted to wear her cowboy boots instead of black, church shoes, so she was a Western German barmaid. Those are good times right there.


Taking pictures with Henry before they headed out with Daddy.
 

Steve said they did great and we're very polite at each door.
 

As you can see, they were very eager. We're working on boundaries.


Divvying up candy at the end of the night was a very. tense. experience. It's how I imagine men look when they sit down to do their Fantasy Football drafts. I could be totally wrong, but don't ruin it for me. 

No comments: