Saturday, June 29, 2013

Father's Day 2013

We celebrated Mother's Day in Florida and Father's Day in Michigan, so both holidays were a little different than what we normally do.
 
Since Father's Day fell on our first morning in Oscoda, we were definitely more low-key. We had just arrived at about 11:30 the night before, so we were still a bit hazy.
 
The girls and I had a good mix of fun and sentimental gifts for Steve. He's been wanting a range set for shooting, which includes eyewear, earplugs, and a sassy little bag to carry it all in, so we got him one of those. He'd been looking at a new watch for a couple of months now, so I surprised him with that as his "big" gift.
 
Bella had brought home some crafts on the last day of school for Steve to open on Father's Day, and they were really cute - a popsicle frame with her picture inside and a great card with her drawing of Steve on the front. It's pretty awesome!
 
My favorite gift for Steve took a little tweaking to figure out. When he was little, he made his dad a poem with a set of his handprints on it. I've known for awhile that I wanted to make Steve something like that, but thought footprints with Evelyn might come out a little easier, so I used the original as inspiration and started looking for a poem that would fit!
 
I finally found a great poem about "little feet" that was perfect and found a verse that could go along with it, too! It came out so great! Steve loved it! (I think he even choked up a little when he opened it. Score!)
 

I had to get at least one picture of Evelyn on Father's Day; she's just chilling while Daddy reads his cards. (And P.S. Notice that awesome wood paneling behind her. When we go on vacation, we go first-class all the way!) 


This is the best shot I could get of Steve's picture, but it has a pretty frame, too. I didn't realize Bella's feet were so big until I started sizing them on the paper! I kept having to make the font smaller so that everything would fit and the paint wouldn't cover too much of the wording.


A closer shot of the poem - I loved that it was positive and encouraging for Steve to remind him what a great Daddy he is!


Reading his cards from the girls...

 
Look at that smile! She loves her Daddy!


No comments: